The project was originally World Soccer Coin but now takes on the name of the football start upon striking a deal.
The Ronaldinho Soccer Coin Project is quite an ambitious undertaking, with the aim of:
- founding a football academy
- hosting league matches around the world
- developing and operating a betting platform and marketplace
- developing digital VR stadiums; these VR stadiums will analyze players and their skills and create a database on a blockchain
- providing a platform for users to support football teams, players, and the Smile Project
- providing a platform to purchase goods online.
The VR stadiums – Ronaldinho Digital Stadiums – are planned to be 300 in all, located in different countries. Constructions plans for Asian countries such as Vietnam, Thailand, and the Philippines are already in place. In the next three years, more will be rolled out in Africa, Southeast Asia, and the Middle East.
If that seems a lot, it’s because it is. And that’s what Ronaldinho wants: “Ever since I thought of retiring, I started to think about my life after retirement. I wish to contribute to the world as much as I can.”
A private sale is going on at the moment (July 15 start), and a pre-sale is going to be held starting August 16.